How We Work
At Body Works Sports Physiotherapy, "how we work" is to get to the root of your problem through a detailed and thorough assessment process. We aim to get your body moving more effectively and efficiently as quickly as possible. Our goal is to get you back to work, your sport or your favorite activity with better control and strength, without pain.
We provide prolonged one on one detailed assessments which will look at the whole body and how it integrates together.
You may ask why do we look at the whole body?
Any functional task, whether it be sustained postural positions or dynamic activities, such as running, cycling, golfing or soccer, requires integration of all regions of the body. Effectively, the whole body has to work well together to allow us to function and perform well for our favorite activities. This is why it is essential we look at the whole body, not just the area that is in pain or causing you discomfort.
When someone sustains an injury or presents with a painful region of their body, we use our whole body assessment to help us determine how all areas of the body are linking and interacting with each other during the desired activity. There are often other factors in how your body moves that have contributed to the injury occurring. This way, treating the whole body helps you to get to the root of why it happened. If we just treat the painful area, then the problem may be more likely to reoccur.
We provide individualized and personalized attention to detail to ensure that the assessment and treatment we provide is focused on you and aimed at addressing your specific needs and goals. We treat the whole body to help co-ordinate all aspects of your body’s function together and to retrain you how to move better and ultimately alleviate your pain. It is sort of like putting all of the puzzle pieces together to complete the whole picture.
This is a summary of "how we work". Our clinic experience indicates that this treatment style achieves superior results in your injury recovery and future management. To help us achieve your treatment goals, we use a combination of detailed one on one assessment and personalized treatment, including Manual Therapy, ultrasound, IMS, Acupuncture, Exercise and Movement Retraining. All of these treatment tools will be used to help you learn to move better, feel better and ultimately get your body working and back to doing the things you love. For more information on how we work, please Contact Us.
Scheduling appointments at Body Works Sports Physiotherapy is fast and easy!
Physiotherapy appointments can be scheduled online, via email and over the phone.
- To check availabilities for appointments online, please visit our online scheduling program by clicking Book Now.
- To schedule an appointment via email, please click on Contact Us.
- To schedule an appointment over the phone, please call us at 604-983-6616.
- If our schedule appears to be full online, please Contact Us to put you on a cancellation list for an upcoming appointment. Please let us know your availability for appointments. We can then inform you if an opening comes up and may be able to schedule you in sooner for an appointment.
- Additionally, if the therapist that you wish to see is fully booked, we may be able to schedule you in sooner with another physiotherapist who would be pleased to help you until the person you wish to see is available.
- You will find that we do our best to be on time and we respect that your time is as valuable as ours. If you arrive late, your time with the therapist will be shortened to avoid delaying those scheduled after you.