Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19: How to Use A Mask
1) Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before touching the mask. If you don't have soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2) Inspect the mask to ensure it's not damaged.
3) Turn the mask so that the coloured side is facing outward.
4) Put the mask over your face and if there isa metallic strip, press it to fit the bridge of your nose.
5) Put the loops around each of your ears, or tie the top and bottom straps.
6) Make sure your mouth and nose are covered and that there are no gaps. Expand the mask by pulling the bottom of it under your chin.
7) If there is a strip: press the metallic strip again so it moulds to the shape of your nose and wash your hands again.
8) Don't touch the mask while you're wearing it. If you do, wash your hands.
9) Don't wear the mask if it gets wet or dirty. Don't reuse the mask (unless it is a fabric mask that can be washed and properly sanitized). Follow the correct procedure for removing the mask.
Removing the Mask:
1) Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2) Lean forward to remove your mask. Touch only the ear loops or ties, not the front of the mask.
3) Dispose of the mask safely if it is a non-reusable mask.
4) Wash your hands. If required, follow this procedure again to put on a new mask.