With Sarah Jane Walker
Exercise to engage your deep core and pelvic floor muscles.
This exercise is really good when you have lower back pain, and/or there is a need to strengthen your deep abdominal muscles.
- Get a ball. If you don’t have a ball, you can roll a towel up
- Place it in between your knees and then and lay flat on your back.
- Make sure you don’t have a space underneath your back – you shouldn’t be able to slide your hand under
- Pull your navel (belly) into your spine, so that you’re pulling your muscles in your back, which starts to flatten against the ground
- With the ball between the knees, squeeze the ball together. This will start to engage your pelvic floor muscles.
- When you’re in this position, squeeze up with those glutes off the ground and stay nice and straight.
- Come back down, nice, slow and controlled.
Engaging your deep core and pelvic floor muscles is really good for any low back pain issues. So if you have any questions, you can book an appointment with Sarah Jane Walker
You can find more core exercises in our video library.