Find a new use for your foam roller! Find a new use for your foam roller! Try a foam roller stretch for tight shoulder and chest muscles!
Hi there this is Dana Ranahan at Body Works Sports Physiotherapy in North Vancouver. I’m here today to show you something new and fancy that you can use your foam roller for, other than just rolling out tight muscles.
- Sometimes we use the roller where instead of rolling out with it, we can lay on top of it
- Put the roller from my buttock all the way down to my head
- Be sure to position it so your head and tailbone are both supported
- In this position you want to be sure that your spine is neutral and feet come close together to give your a nice neutral position of your pelvis.
- One of the nice things you can work here, is a nice opening stretch through your chest.
- One of the things you can start with here is working with the stretch across the chest and then working on breathing
- As you breath out, let your chest soften. That’ll help take the chest bone away from the shoulder and stretch the pecs a little bit more through your chest.
Give it a try at home and let us know how you make out. Have a great day.