Hi, this is Dana Ranahan at Body Works Sports Physiotherapy in North Vancouver. We’re here with Alicia to show you some exercises for hamstring strengthening, using a big exercise ball at home.
In this case we’re going to teach Alicia on how to breathe and engage her core and then lift the buttocks.
- Lie on your back with your ankles resting on the top of the ball
- Thinking about breathing into your ribs
- As you breathe out soften your chest, engage your tummy, and lift the buttocks up
- Now maintain, breathing in
- As you breathe out roll the ball towards you
- Breathing in straighten your legs back out.
- As you breathe out soften your chest, engaging your core, pulling up towards you.
Now when you do this you want to also maintain the hips, knees and foot in good alignment. Breathing out engage your core, pull your toes up rolling the ball up towards you and breathing in and come back out.
In this case we would repeat to fatigue aiming for probably 8 to 10 repetitions, taking a short rest then repeating for 3 sets.
If you have any questions give us a call or check out our website at body-works.ca. Have a great day.