Is your mid back stiff or in pain? Physiotherapist Ryan Corkal is here to show you a few stretches to work on your mid back mobility, especially for the golfers out there.
1. Prone thoracic rotation
- Start on knees and forearms
- Hips sitting back over feet
- Place one hand behind the small of your back
- Raise elbow towards the ceiling as you keep your head overtop of your forearm
2. Open book:
- Lay on your side with your knees bent to 90 degrees
- Place bottom hand on top knee to prevent lifting
- Top hand starts straight in front of you and opens up behind you as far as possible
3. Foam roller thoracic extension:
- Lay on back with knees bent
- Place foam roller in between shoulder blades
- Hands behind head to support your neck
- Lower elbows and upper body down towards ground until you feel a stretch in your mid-back
- Keep abdominals engaged to avoid low-back movement
Hopefully these will help increase your mid back mobility and help you move better.
You can find more back-related exercise videos here.