Do you have shoulder pain? Shoulder Weakness? Watch now for a simple shoulder strengthening exercise with theraband that you can do at home.
Hi this is Dana Ranahan from Body Works Sports Physiotherapy in North Vancouver. Today I’m here to show you a shoulder strengthening exercise with theraband that you can do at home. This is a great exercise to help you function better in the day with less shoulder pain.
- So grab a little piece of Theraband. You can get different strengths of Theraband, – this one green, which is a moderate strength.
- Lay down on a bed or the floor
- Work at bringing your arms up in line with your shoulders, so it’s kind of vertically stacked, your hand is right over the shoulder
- You’re going to face the palms in towards each other holding the band
- Now we really want to check on where your shoulder is in space first, because we don’t want our shoulders to be sitting high.
- We want to work on our shoulders being able to pull back down into the bed, so that we’re not sticking our chest forward, but pulling the shoulder back
- Once the shoulder is back, we’re going to work on bringing the hands away from each other, so effectively pulling apart the band.
With this we want to maintain our neck in neutral, work on repetitions of ten to fifteen depending on fatigue, trying to control that shoulder position and then taking a rest. So you can aim to doing two or three sets of ten and this is a nice strengthening exercise to work on at home.
If you have more questions please contact us.