Are you enjoying some nice summer walks? Try our top 3 stretches to do before you go for a walk. These will help you move better and feel better.
Hi this is Dana Ranahan from Body Works Sports Physiotherapy and I’m about to just go for a nice walk on this gorgeous sunny day. So are you getting out for walks this summer to enjoy yourself? I’m going to show you the top three stretches you should do before you go for a walk, just to ensure your body is moving well.
Number One – Side
- Do a nice reach up towards the sky and you can do a little bit of a side stretch.
- Side to side to open up some of the work in here, so when you walk you can get a nice movement through your side.
- You can also add a little bit of a stretch through your hip, keeping your buttocks tucked in, raising up as you stretch.
- That helps to open up a bit through the hip flexors.
Number Two – Quad
- Stretching your quad
- Grab your foot
- Try to maintain your knee in alignment
- Hold for 30 to 60 seconds each leg, just to work on some mobility.
Number Three – Hamstring
- Keeping my pelvis neutral and sticking my foot up
- Sinking back to get some stretch through the back of the leg.
So give those three stretches a try. Hope you enjoy your nice walk and get out and enjoy the lovely weather. If you have any other questions, check out our website at www.body-works.ca