Try our 4 point kneeling exercise for a stronger core. To determine if this is right for you, come on in for a physiotherapy assessment at our clinic. We are happy to help you get the best exercise program for your body.
4 Point Kneeling Exercise
- In hands and knees position with your hands underneath your shoulders and knees underneath your hips.
- We want to find a neutral spine position so that the upper back doesn’t get too saggy. You can kind of lift up between your shoulder blades like you’re going to push away.
- Then we want you to work on now alternating weight shift through the arms.
- So as you breathe out, think about keeping your spine and shoulders strong, your core comes on and then unweight one arm and try to maintain your spine neutral so it doesn’t twist.
- Breathe in, lower down
- Breathe out alternate sides.
- Keep the left shoulder strong now, and lift the right hand.
- Now try to keep the spine neutral as you do that
Repeat 10 to 20 times until you start to get tired. Check out our other core strength exercise videos here.