The physiotherapists at Body Works Sports Physiotherapy have a high level of post-graduate training in physiotherapy, as well as extensive experience treating numerous types of injuries. For more specific information on our physiotherapists, please go to Our Team page. To learn more about our specific methods, please go to How We Work.
Assessment & Treatment
As a primary caregiver, a physiotherapist can assess, diagnose, and treat your injury through a combination of methods that may include:
- CCMI Concussion Services
- Core Strengthening
- ICBC related treatment
- Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Manual Therapy & Manipulation
- Modalities such as ultrasound, muscle stimulation, and ice/heat
- Movement retraining
- Preventative Functional Sporting Assessments
- Sports physiotherapy
- Vestibular Physiotherapy
Education plays a very important role in physiotherapy. The goal of physiotherapy is to return you to your optimal function and strength, while educating you about your injury.
As physiotherapists, we educate our clients to help them:
- understand their injury
- learn how to independently maintain a healthy body without the constant supervision of a therapist,
- learn to how to prevent re-injury or re-occurrence of symptoms, and
- learn to help prevent future decline from participating in the activities they love.
For further overall information on Physiotherapy, including training, scope of practice and treatment methods, please visit the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s website or the Physiotherapy Association of BC website.