Body Works Sports Physiotherapy is a proud clinic offering evidence-based concussion care.
From initial pre-season baseline testing to concussion treatment and rehabilitation, we collaborate with primary care physicians to co-manage concussions, helping patients and athletes safely return to learn, work and play.
We offer concussion treatment services & strategies including:
- Baseline testing
- Exertional testing for return-to-sport readiness and sub-symptom threshold exercise programs for persistent symptom,
- Vestibular, oculomotor, and cervical spine rehabilitation,
- Balance, reaction time, visual processing, and neurocognitive testing (pre-season baseline and/or post-injury/return to sport testing),
- Manual therapy, IMS, and exercises to address any musculoskeletal contributions to your symptoms
- Educational resources on our website
During the early stage following injury, a period of relative symptom limited physical and cognitive rest is recommended. Research suggests 24 to 48 hours, however, these decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Following a short period of rest, the International Consensus Statement on Concussion in Sport (2016) recommends a gradual increase in mental and physical activity by a licensed healthcare practitioner trained in concussion management.
If you have experienced an impact to the head and neck, or had a fall, you may have experienced a concussion. The symptoms of concussion can sometimes be simple and difficult to understand. for more information on what types of symptoms you might experience after a concussion, please check out our webpage on Concussions.
Our team at Body Works Sports Physiotherapy has advanced concussion management training and we are ready to help you recover from your concussion as quickly as possible.
Some concussions are slower to resolve and can lead to Post Concussion Syndrome.
Please click here to find out how we can help you manage your concussion related needs.