Body Works Sports Physiotherapy is proud to offer various resources and educational material for your easy reference. Some of these items include community presentations we have completed, clinic newsletters, as well as additional educational information. We also provide information and associated links regarding our physiotherapy educational background for your reference.
If you have any questions or any of the material is not clear, please feel free to contact us.
Education Centre Pages
Note: All the filters on these pages have their own urls, so you can easily bookmark any filtered list of videos for quick reference.
Physio Exercise Videos:
Exercises you can follow along with at home to help with your recovery, and strengthen your body to prevent injuries.
Anatomy, treatment information, information about injuries and different types of pain, and interviews with our therapists.
Injury Education Articles:
Detailed informational on commonly-injured body parts, why they hurt, how they get injured, and associated treatment options.
How Physiotherapy can help you. Educational Resources
- Opiod Crisis How Physiotherapy Can Help – National Physio Month May 2021
- Falls – How-Physiotherapy-Can-Help-National-Physio-Month-May-2021
General Education for Clients
- Posture Break Program
- The Core Transversus Abdominus activation patient info sheet
- Sporting Concussion link
- Concussion in children in sport
- The Vestibular System, Dizziness and How Physiotherapy Can Help
- The Rotator Cuff and Physiotherapy by Body Works
Videos for Clients to view
To see a great video on physiotherapy and arthritis put out by the Physiotherapy Association of BC, please click here
Community Presentations and Resources
Capilano Golf Club “CAP Talks” Golf injuries Presentations
Post Graduate Education for Physiotherapists
Our experienced physiotherapists have gone through various specialized postgraduate education programs to help ehance their overall clinical skills and expertise. Some of these programs include:
- Advanced Manual Therapy training for physiotherapists is achieved by completing numerous courses and examinations through the Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
- Information for training in IMS can be found at Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain
- Information for training in Acupuncture can be found at The Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute or Dr. Steven K.H. Aung
- Sports Physiotherapy training information can be found at the Sports Physiotherapy Canada website.
- Integrated Systems Model training information can be found through the Discover Physio website.